I love great quality kids clothes purchased at a reasonable price. Over the last 12 years I learned a few tricks to buy good quality clothes that won’t cost you an arm and a leg. I like clothes that last a while and can be passed on to the next child. Here are my tips to saving money on kids’ clothes-
- Know your kids’style and comfort level– You get to know your child better and save money when you know what kind of clothes she enjoys wearing. Every child is different when it comes to outfitting himself, it could be a tactile issue or a matter of preference for kids. Once you figure it out you will not purchase a skirt for the girl who loves to wear pants and save yourself a lot of stress and money in the long run.
- Quality over quantity– I try not to settle for trendy and cheapness when it comes to buying clothes for my kids. I choose quality over quantity and purchase items that looks good after many wears and washes. I do not buy inferior quality items that are cheap.
- End of season sale– The stores tend to offer great discounts at the end of each season. You can score great deals, up to 90% off of retail price if you shop end of season sales. I purchase dresses and shoes for the next year or 2-3 years in the future for my kids from end of season sales.
- Clearance– Clearance racks are a good place to score good deals. I buy classic items such as T-shirts, yoga pants, cardigans etc from clearance racks. Sometimes I buy a few colors of the same item like yoga pants or socks.
- Thrift Stores– Thrift stores and consignment stores are a great resource for quality clothes. But I only buy items that I need, I don’t buy it just because it’s cheap. You want to check collars, cuffs, and knees for signs of wear. I have purchased costumes, dress up clothes, sweater dresses and cardigans from thrift stores.
- Online-I love online bargains. L.L Bean, Lands’ End are great places to start for online deals. I purchase jeans, T-shirts, long sleeve dresses, shoes and Pajamas from these stores.
- Coupons– You can use coupons and discounts to use them during sales to save even more. You can stack these and get a really good deal while shopping at Gymboree, Children’s Place and Macy’s.